Psychiatry and Medication Management
Our psychiatry & medication management providers specialize in the treatment of mental health conditions through mental health services. Since psychotherapy is now primarily provided by psychologists and social workers, our psychiatric providers have increasingly focused on the medical aspects of treating mental health conditions. This includes assessment, prescribing psychiatric medications, ordering and interpreting necessary lab work, and coordinating care with other physicians who may be treating a patient for other health conditions as well as coordinating care with other medical providers.
Crossroads Counseling offers telepsychiatry which allows you to meet with psychiatric medication providers for medication management live through video chat.
What We Do
Crossroads Counseling offers child, adolescent, and adult psychiatry and medication management. Specialty areas include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Panic Disorders (with or without Agoraphobia)
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Developmental Disabilities
About Our Prescribers
Our psychiatric prescribers who are trained in different backgrounds can assess, diagnose, treat, and prescribe for psychiatric disorders.
- Psychiatrists have gone through medical school and chosen to practice in the specialty area of psychiatry.
- Medical Doctors (MD) and Doctors of Osteopathy (DO) are doctors trained with a focus on the classical form of medicine, diagnosis, and treatment of human diseases.
- Physician Assistants (PA) are certified health care professionals that have completed a master’s program in the medical model.
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRNs) have completed a master’s program or doctorate in the medical model.